Stainless Steel Roofing
Alpine Sheet Metal Systems has been Fabricating and Installing Commercial and Residential Stainless Steel Roofing Systems for 20 years. Many people associate stainless steel roofing primarily with warehouses, factories and other types of industrial buildings. However, for the past century, it’s often been used in architectural designStainless steel qualifies as a historical roofing material. It was first used in roofing almost a century ago, in 1924. It was a staple of Art Deco design, including in the Chrysler Building in New York City — a building that’s famous for its shiny needle, crown, entrance doors, and gargoyles that are all made of stainless steel. Clearly, stainless steel is highly durable — and it’s thanks to this durability that many historical structures with stainless steel roofs remain in place today. Only in recent years has a need arisen for stainless steel roofing restorers with experience working on heritage buildings.
Stainless Steel Benifits
- Durability: One of the biggest benefits of stainless steel roofing is its ability to withstand rain, snow, corrosion, impacts and other forces that damage less durable building materials. Stainless steel roofs excel in all weather conditions, are fatigue-resistant and can be counted on for long-term performance with a minimal amount of maintenance.
- Easy to repair: When repairs are required, replacing a section of a stainless steel roof is easy, fast and cost-effective. This ensures significantly reduced maintenance costs over the lifetime of a new or renovated roof.
- Environmental friendliness: Most stainless steel in use today is made from recycled and recyclable materials. With a stainless steel roof, you’re not only buying a responsibly sourced product, you’re also purchasing one that can be salvaged and repurposed at the end of its lifespan. In addition, stainless steel roofing is highly reflective. This prevents heat from building up in your building and reduces your reliance on energy-consuming cooling appliances — and it reduces the costs associated with maintaining a cool interior air temperature.
- Flexibility: Stainless steel is relatively lightweight, which means it can be installed on top of an existing roof with little modification. This greatly reduces the time and costs associated with roof installation.
- Versatility: Stainless steel is highly malleable and easy to work with. This makes it possible for stainless steel roofing specialists to create innovative moldings, cornices and other attractive design elements that will set your building apart from its neighbors. When it comes to renovating roofs with intricate design elements, it also facilitates the reverse manufacturing of elements that may have been damaged or lost over time.
- Affordability: Stainless steel costs a fraction of copper while offering many of the same characteristics. As a result, it is a great choice for ornamental metal roofs. Let a Huber & Associates representative price out both options and help you make an informed decision.
- Safety: Stainless steel offers significant safety compared to other roofing materials, especially during hurricanes, severe storms and fires. It’s able to withstand wind gusts as high as 180 miles per hour. And since it’s inflammable, it can resist high temperatures during events such as forest fires